Sunday, October 12, 2014

Rebirth


Rebirth


One
moment
stars aligned
midnight beckoned
from the summer sky
I saw need in your eyes
and found myself falling deep
into the crescent of your smile
timeless water rushing to my head
silent tears falling from my amber eyes
an endless ache was pulsing in my heart
crimson looping back through velvet veins
spirits entangled, impassioned
exquisite longing sated
by gentle winter snow 
a twist of fate yields
purpose, rebirth 
in brown eyes
shining
bright.

Colleen Keller Breuning
October 12, 2014

Dedicated to my daughter on her 23rd birthday!






This was written for the Hebrides Moon Challenge #4 – The Etheree

Integrated these challenge words by Laura Huber:

midnight summer ache water falling
stars fate back smile timeless

5 comments:

  1. Really glad you posted this in its true form. Very symmetrical. Your daughter must be pleased.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael! Yes, FB doesn't cooperate when we want to manipulate the format. Katie was indeed very, very pleased. I miss her terribly!!! <3

      Delete
  2. Ah, *you* are a diamond, my friend. This is a touching and beautiful Etheree. Your words truly paint pictures, and I know your daughter will love this. I did :) (((hugs)))

    ~ Hebrides Moon ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling.... and she was really quite touched!!! Love you girlfriend! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I LOVE this style and what a beautiful tribute to Katie.

    ReplyDelete