Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Into The Gloaming





Into The Gloaming

Maple leaves fall to the ground
the wayward geese are roaming
trailing patterns across the sky
as daylight fades into the gloaming.


Be stilled, my passionate heart
the amber sun blinks, then disappears
as the music of Ludovico Einaudi
fills the space between my tears.

Beneath a heavy nimbus curtain
the moon shows papery white
illuminating shadows of my soul
that lie dormant in the night.

The darkness stirs up emotions,
amplifying fears and insecurities
every trace of hope is vanishing
scattered on the bitter breeze.

Memories have a way of haunting
every waking moment, so it seems
when the mist of time blurs my vision
just let me close my eyes to dream.

Colleen Keller Breuning © 2014

October 1, 2014

My inspiration from Ludovico Einaudi, "Nei varci di luce" 
from the album Sotto Falso Nome:



2 comments:

  1. Between haunting memories and dreams, every minute of the day is is accounted for. I love this :)

    And glad to see you here. If I can figure this place out and how to subscribe to blogs, I'll be subscribing to yours <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie! I'm just now seeing your comment....I'm trying to figure this out as well! Haha! xoxo

      Delete