Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Soul Dancer



















Soul Dancer

When the temporal sun descends into lavender mountains,
the night wind revolves in the sky and sings
a haunting melody, its lyrics undecipherable,
and I am moving backwards
in slow motion...

A penny for your thoughts, a dollar for your dreams
shall I pay the price, seek out the highest bidder 
to crawl inside the chambers of your mind
where silent music echoes down
halls of regret...

We meet in the damp shadows, in a rain of kisses,
my chest as tight as a shiny bicycle chain
cresting down full speed, over rolling hills,
hearts pumping like runaway pistons
as the race begins...

Your lips, your touch, your scent draws me nigh
and makes me melt like angel wings in spring,
savoring essence of night blooming jasmine
such a passion of weeping tied to my body,
the taste of nectar so sweet...

...and my soul dances, seared with curls of fire.

Colleen Keller Breuning © 2014
November 26, 2014




No comments:

Post a Comment