Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Power of Numb3rs





Power of Numb3rs

The puzzling figures stand alone
domineering power draws me in
impulses flash in a violent zone
my thoughts awash in mortal sin.

I know that 3 and 29 are prime
they wield mysterious powers
I count and patiently bide my time
waiting, give or take, 104 hours.

These numb3rs confound me
abstract calculations astound me
vivid images in my mind haunt
…and I know just what I want.

Beneath the pale bisque moon
she sinks into a twilight sleep
the wind sings a seductive tune
igniting deviant impulses deep

But like a good stalker I hide
in the dark shadows of the night
creeping closer until I finally decide
when the time to strike is right.

These numb3rs confound me
intense craving surrounds me
like a raging, out of control fire
…and I take just what I desire.

Milky skin so pure, so young
swoop in fast and stake my claim
sweet chocolate on my tongue
a fading rose bleeding in the rain.

Stumbling in my intoxicated state
they caught me at the borderline
I stand in judgment for my fate
pondering possibilities, life to 99.

These numb3rs confound me
as heavy chains surround me
slowing down the sands of time
…and now I pay for my crime.

Colleen Keller Breuning © 2014
November 3, 2014

This was written for:

Blogophilia Week 37.7 Topic: Chocolate
(Hard, 2 points) include the numbers 3, 29, and 104
(Easy, 1 point) explain a good stalker


No comments:

Post a Comment